Current Affairs Today, we gathered all the current affairs of 20 July 2022 and put them in a single post. Important Questions and answers relevant for government exams including topics such as “Presidential elections, monkeypox case, Marburg Virus, National flag” among others.
Current Affairs for UPSC/ IAS Exams
Current Affairs Article of CurrentAffairsMcqs.com aims to help every competitive exam aspirant revise the day at ease. we gathered all the current affairs of 20 July 2022 and put them in a single post.
Top Current Affairs of 20 July 2022
Counting of votes for Presidential elections
- Counting of votes for the presidential election will take place on Thursday, July 21. It will begin at 11 am at the Parliament House complex in the national capital.
- Polling to elect a new President of India was held at Parliament House in Delhi, State assemblies, and other designated places to access the country.
- Over 99 percent turnout was recorded in the polling. After the end of the polling process, the Election Commission said that out of a total 4,796 in the list of Electoral College, over 99 percent cast their votes.
Kerala Confirms Second Case of Monkeypox
- A 31-year-old man from Kannur in Kerala tested positive for monkeypox, making it the second confirmed case of the disease in India. a Union health ministry official said.
- Last week, the Union Health Ministry sent a high-level multi-disciplinary team to Kerala to assist the state health authorities in setting up public health measures after the first confirmed case of monkeypox was detected in Kollam district.
- The patient had landed at the Mangalore airport in coastal Karnataka from Dubai on July 13. He was admitted to a hospital after he exhibited symptoms of the disease.
- His sample was sent to the National Institute of Virology, Pune, and they tested positive for the virus, the official said.
Veteran Singer Bhupinder Singh dies at age of 82
- Veteran playback singer Bhupinder Singh, who is famous for his Bollywood numbers, died due to suspected colon cancer and Covid-related complications at a Mumbai hospital, his wife and singer Mitali Mukherjee said. He was 82 years old.
- After tests were performed, he tested positive for Covid. He passed away at around 7:45 pm due to a suspected colon and had covid.
Bangladesh mulls importing train
- The Bangladesh Railways will explore the possibility of importing trains set for mass commutation such as DEMU from ICF Chennai.
- The train that Bangladesh Railways wants to import will be similar to the one that was recently exported to Sri Lanka and Nepal by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF).
Andhra Pradesh to hoist 1.62 crore National Flags
- The CM said the government is determined to inculcate a sense of patriotism among the citizens through the Har Ghar Tiranga program on the occasion of 75 years of Independence.
- “The state government has taken many steps to make this program a big success and conducted several reviews with government departments”. The Chief Minister said that the officers have been instructed to hoist the national flag in all government offices. Similarly, he should also unveil the flag at his residence.
- Some 5.24 Lakh ration shops and 15,000 Village and Word Secretariats are hoisting the National flag.
Current Affairs Today MCQs
1. Counting of votes for Presidential elections to be taken up on__________?
A. 19 July
B. 20 July
C. 21 July
D. 22 July
Ans: 21 July
2. IOA announces ______ member strong squad for Commonwealth Games 2022?
3. India’s second monkeypox case confirmed at _________ in Kerala?
4. Veteran singer Bhupinder Singh passes away at the age of ________?
5. Which Country Reports First Case of Deadly Marburg Virus?
- Current Affairs of 21 July 2022
- Current Affairs of 19 July 2022
- Current Affairs of 18 July 2022
- Current affairs of 17 July 2022
- Weekly Current affairs: 11 to 17 July 2022
- Current Affairs of 16 July 2022
6. Which country is keen to import high-quality train Coaches from India?
B. Sri Lanka
7. Which country to replace expats with citizens in 207 job categories?
8. India and which country agree to continue dialogue process to work out mutually acceptable solutions of ramaining issues?
9. South Korea and which country’s foreign minister meet to tackle historical disputes?
10. Which Country Extends 81-Day-Old Import Ban On 10 Types Of Goods Till End of August?
One Current Affairs Question For You
1. Which state hoist around 1.62 core national flags?
B. Andhra Pradesh
Ans: Tell me in the comment box if you know the answer.
The Answer Of Previous Day Current Affairs MCQ
- The answer to the 19 July question is: 322 Members
We hope this (Current Affairs Today 20 July 2022) article will help you. All the best, have a Great Day 🙂